Tuesday, November 16, 2010
A very special baby ... quilt
My learnings so far:
Challenge #1: Could not find the Omnigrid template that was recommended on several blogs.
Challenge #2: I hadn't appreciated that cutting a square in half and re-sewing it would result in a rectangle, not a square ... this is where my inexperience as a quilter comes in ...
But after making (and failing at) the same square 3 times ... I found Michelle Sews blog and a fool proof way to make a square windmill ... whirlygigs with no trimming.
Armed with knowledge, I made 2 templates from light-weight cardboard ... one for the white and one for the colored fabric, and started making blocks.
I am hoping to finish up the final four blocks and finishing the top tomorrow ... but I have to admit that vegging in front of the tube this week seems to be winning.
Hope you're having a more productive week.
All the best