Reclaimed ...

His mom made this ... many many years ago.  I never got to meet her ... she passed away the year that I met my husband. 

After she passed, John had some of her belongings brought over from England to his cottage in Canada.  We closed down and sold the cottage several years ago, and this pillow cover got packed up and put in a box at that time.  I found it in the back of a cupboard this weekend as I was cleaning out some linens destined for Good Will. 

After a little repair work, a few of the 1" hexagons needed a little extra stitching, and the addition of a new pillow form, I brought it up to show John.  When he saw what I had in my hands ... I saw the biggest smile I have seen in a long time appear on his face ... it made my week!

It will go out to the cabin with us on Friday where it will sit on our bed ... at John's request ...

Hope you're having a good week.  We are emerging from a Seattle winter storm ... while we only had about 2" of snow, it's the ice and sub-25F degree temperatures that have really shut the city down.  They aren't anticipating it warming up until Thursday ... so it may be another 'work from home' day tomorrow.

All the best
Lisa

Comments

  1. How lovely to have something wonderful from his mother that makes him smile!

    My husband's mother passed away just after we got engaged and I never really got to know her well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments read daily and THOROUGHLY enjoyed!