Life is for living ...

OK ... going forward, Saturdays are going to be for quick, short posts on stuff (may or maybe not quilt related) that matter/make life easier and I feel are worth sharing.

Today it's an app called Libby.

Libby is an app for your phone that allows you to discover and checkout ebooks and audiobooks from your local library (you do need a library card).  It is an app that's owned by OverDrive and you can read more about it here.

We live, quite literally, in the middle of nowhere.  My husband vowed to NEVER get a Kindle, as he liked the tactile feel of a book and had been an avid user of the Seattle Public Library.  But once we moved out here and he began to realize the challenge of getting and returning books, particularly to our little library system out here in rural Washington, he gave in.

Quite honestly, Libby does what the Seattle Library website does ... but much easier.  Further, I can add the county library system and our local library system to Libby and search them all from the same place.

I have no financial relationship with OverDrive or Libby.  I just think it's a cool app that makes my life a little better each week as I search (and mostly put on hold) the next book to read.

Happy Saturday!

All the best,
Lisa

Comments

  1. Hi Lisa! I found your Excel post on Pinterest about how you design using that program. I thought I was the only one! I have recently purchased EQ8 but find it so frustrating. It is written in old DOS programming language and they haven't updated it. Anyway, I have to chime in on the usefulness of Overdrive! I love borrowing books from our library right on to my iPhone or iPad. Plus it links up to Goodreads so I can track what books I have read. I have another website for finding books, if you are interested. Lastly, I enjoyed your recap of 2018 post as well. What beautiful quilts you have made. Happy Wednesday to you! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely thoughts and comments ... thanks! And yes, I will reach out to you to learn more about the other website to find books!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comments read daily and THOROUGHLY enjoyed!