Holiday Pillows

Last year I made 8 lap quilts for family members for Christmas ... and this year I promised myself not to do that again ;-).

My promise to myself was to go smaller ... and sooner ... 

So I've been investigating some pillow options over the past week and have found a few inspirations ... trees ... trees ... words ... lights ... and presents ...

My tree attempt failed miserably ... well actually, the applique part came off brilliantly, but the size and placement of my trees just didn't work ... although I do have a 2nd try under development. 

But I'm pretty happy with the presents and think they might make some nice holiday gifts for a few family members.   



Fixins:  3/8 yard fabric for each, 1-2 yards of ribbon (depending on the pillow) and a 14" x 14" pillow form.  While I typically prefer the Home Elegance pillow forms at JoAnns, they currently have Soft & Crafty on sale, and since they are really for decoration, and won't really undergo the wear and tear from sitting all year on a sofa, I figured I couldn't afford to pass up the 50% off sale. 

They were simple to make, about 1 1/2 hours for the two of them.  The ribbon is sewn on, the bows are pinned, but I may change that, as I'm not thrilled with the pinning right now.  I may try a few variations this week ... but I do like the simplicity of them. 


Hope your have a good week!

All the best
Lisa

Comments

  1. They're really lovely, I particularly like the red one with the green bow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this, they are adorable.....great gift idea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great! So perfect for making a house look festive during the holidays! I may have to try to attempt some of these!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments read daily and THOROUGHLY enjoyed!