Quilt Art

Week two of Rachel's Curves class is now behind me ... giving us some much needed artwork for the guest room.
Rachel designed this to be a 33" table runner.  I modified it to create a 48" wall art piece.
Living in earth-quake country, I am always careful what we hang over a bed, particularly a guest bed.  I love the thought of a quilt over head ... it just seems to fit with the need.
The linens in this room are about 15 years old and used to be in the master bedroom.  I think the quilt on the wall freshens it up quite a bit and lessens the need to update linens that only get used a couple of times a year.
The wall art was created entirely from my scrap bin.  Which I like even more!  I stuck with Rachel's plan for the most part, but made the rows an inch taller and the strips a little narrower.

I used the two posts on Tallgrass Prairie Studio here and here to figure out how to hang it (I used her push pin method).

It was a Saturday afternoon project and I'm quite pleased with how it came out.

Looking forward to week 3 of Rachel's class!

And I got a 4 mile run in this morning ... starting to get my mojo back!

Hope you had a great weekend!

All the best
Lisa

Comments

  1. it looks great Lisa - wonderful colours against the wall

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great. I asked my husband for a quilt on the wall... Ehem... I don't think we will have one soon. The funny thing about it: until last year I thought a quilt on the wall is oldfashioned... you can see how taste can change...
    I made a geometric quilt from your tutorial - baby size. I like how it turned out. I played with the fabric pieces and found out that there a lot of layout options when you have the right fabric. I chose one and went to work. I still have to take a photo and to wash it. Interested in seeing a photo?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't that look wonderful?! WonDerFul! You must be so pleased with the result :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks perfect there, Lisa! You must be a fast worker to get that all done in an afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, to me, that is the hit of the class so far! It's fantasical!

    btw....I love the color on your walls in that room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! I love how you reworked it to suit your needs. I'm honored to see Rainbow Road hung as artwork. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lisa - I've nominated your blog for the Leibster award. Your work is lovely and I enjoy visiting your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lisa - I have just nominated your blog for the Liebster award. I love your work and enjoy visiting your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments read daily and THOROUGHLY enjoyed!