As a quilt top evolves ...

... it can have many homes ...

I started this top for my brother ... he's going through a bit of a rough patch right now and is living on his own for the first time in a while.  He's got decent furniture, but none of the decorative things that make a house a home.  

My inspiration was the block trellis' that you see in mid-century modern landscape.  

However, as it has evolved, it became pretty clear to me that adding the patchwork portion to it made an interesting quilt, but not necessarily something that a 34-year-old bachelor would want to throw on their sofa.  
I've been wanting to pull something together for Victoria's Bumble Bean Basic's Quilt Drive to support helping homeless families get into housing in NYC.  While it's not something for a 34 year old bachelor ...  it is something that a family might enjoy ...

So that was my new plan ... this was going to be my charity quilt.  Until I brought it upstairs for a photo op and my husband saw it ... to say this is his favorite of the ones I have done so far would likely be a bit of an understatement!

So this one is now earmarked for John and I've got some new thinking to do on a great quilt for a needy family in NYC.

Hope you had a great weekend!

All the best
Lisa

Comments

  1. Love it. I'm sure a guy would love it as well. Whoever is the lucky recipient in the end I am sure will treasure it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, Lisa! I don't blame John for wanting to keep it. I love the color combination, and the clean simple patchwork design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the design. It's something I would try, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's really lovely, I especially like the warm colours. i can see why your husband was drawn to it! I think I have quilters block, (no pun intended), I just can't make a decision as to what to do next.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments read daily and THOROUGHLY enjoyed!