Table Runner

Saturday musings ... eclectic is probably the best way to define our home (I used to call it transitional until a client asked me for a "transitional fabric" and I looked it up and decided, we are definitely NOT transitional (though I love that look too).

Anyway, back to today's topic ... when we built it in 2009, it was a weekend place—and we furnished it with hand-me-downs and Craigslist finds.  I was all for going with more traditional pieces believing they would add a bit of character to a cabin that was a bit on the modern side. In fact, this was actually when I decided to learn to quilt ... little did I know quilting would become an obsession ๐Ÿ˜€.

In our dining room, the welsh dresser was an eBay find, the chairs came two different from Craigslist buys (my husband painted them all gray to make them a little more cohesive and make the captain chairs a tad more attractive), the rug is a hand-me-down from his mum and the super-heavy, trestle table is from a small, home-gifts store where it was used to showcase items, they were remodeling and sold it to me for $200 ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ (Oh, and yes, those are IKEA Billy Bookshelves peaking in from the hallway on the right which I blogged about here).  




Fast forward a few years and the cabin is now our full-time home and we also integrated some of our mid-century modern furniture when we sold our Seattle house and settled out here.  

So last week, I was making these awnings for a client.  


I use my dining room table to cut fabric for awnings and when I was trimming this fabric to center the print on the awnings, I ended up with a strip of fabric that looked down-right cool in the center of my table.  

After it sat on the table for a day and the edges didn't really seem to fray, I trimmed it up and created a little runner for the welsh dresser.  


I'm sure it won't last forever, but it's a great addition to the room, brightens it up a bit and  kinda makes it look like it belongs.  


I also love that that sometimes you can find something that you love completely out of the blue.

Hope you're having a great weekend and for those of you making your holiday gifts, that your production line is going well!

Best,

Lisa

Comments