Monday, January 26, 2015

Baby boy chevron


OK ... well it only took 11 months to go from design table to finished quilt ;-).

I started playing with this baby back here and here.

I was trying tome new things and was quite happy with how it came out.  I ended up with two different versions.  This is the 2nd, the first one was a completed quilt which I posted here.

This one the first one (the time consumer one) that I started with.  I like this one slightly better than the other.  And almost always like a quilt that's been done with tighter meandering quilting than a casual one with more spaced out straight line quilts.




This one is made from all Kona solids on the front and measures 40" x 49" now that it's been quilted and washed.


The back is a single piece that I picked up my LQS ... it has just enough detail in it to give it a little life without needing any additional piecing.  The binding is from a bit of material (unnamed) that I picked up as an end-of-bolt from the same store.



This one is in the  new shop on Etsy.

All the best
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments read daily and THOROUGHLY enjoyed!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...