Wednesday, March 12, 2014

A Surprise Party ...


I've been busy … getting a little quilting in … but more importantly, getting a surprise party set up!

Back story … my husband, John, turned 70 on March 10th.  He started running about 7 years ago … and this past weekend, ran his 18th half marathon.  

John was diagnosed with prostate cancer a little over a year ago … he's been doing great … and to celebrate his 70th, John has decided to run a full marathon (his first) and has chosen to run this first marathon in Paris, France on April 6th.  

This past weekend, he ran a local 1/2 marathon as a training run here in Seattle.

As a surprise, I invited friends to come out and cheer him up along the race …  we got T-Shirts, balloons, cowbells, signs, etc. and a good group of friends to help us celebrate.




He did … running his 3rd best time after 18 half marathons.  There was a lot of fun had by all … especially the birthday boy!


We followed the race with brunch at a friends … amazing what a couple of hours with a few good friends can do to refresh your spirits …

Awesome weekend!  Great to have friends and family around!

All the best
Lisa



5 comments:

  1. Love this post! Look out Paris!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, John, and happy birthday! Enjoy the marathon in Paris - I can't imagine how wonderful it will be to race through those beautiful streets!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure he loved having a cheering squad. April in Paris sounds wonderful. What a wonderful place to run his first marathon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your husband is amazing! I need his determination, my knees have been bothering me a lot in the days after a run recently and I'm not sure how to deal with it - maybe I just need to ignore it and imagine your husband running the Paris marathon, roughly 380 miles from here! I'll be running the Hornsea third of a marathon on that day, which isn't nearly as impressive!

    ReplyDelete

Comments read daily and THOROUGHLY enjoyed!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...