Need some advice ...

So EXCITED to say that I quilted in my new 'studio' last night ... but that's a post for another day.

I started on an unfinished top that I've had laying around for over a year.  Decided to straight-line quilt which is going fine on the top ...

But here's what's happening on the backside ...

It's a puckering convention ...

I am using my new Juki with a walking foot.  But it's as if I am sewing on my 30-year old Pfaff without a walking foot.

Obviously the seam ripper will be used this afternoon and I will need to go back to my standard quilting ... sigh ... I had really hoped to do something different for this one.  Particularly as it is going in an auction in December to raise money for a woman recent diagnosed with non-Lodgkins Lymphoma.

Anyone have any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!
Lisa


Comments

  1. Are you just spray basting? I pin like crazy and even adjust pins with each pass. It also looks like you are going different directions. Are you stitching all one way from one edge to the other edge? If you go left to right and then switch to right to left you will get the ripples. I also straight line stitch with a longer stitch - a 3 or even a 3 1/2 on my machine - and at a slow to medium speed. (I think it is the only time I go slow)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments read daily and THOROUGHLY enjoyed!