Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Still learning ...

I got a new sewing machine (another post for another day) ... but apparently I am still learning about stitch adjustments ...


So conceptually, I like the mix up of circle and straight-line quilting ... the stitch adjustment challenge, actually created a little more like sheering than just quilting ...


This is for a woman I work with who is having a little girl in August.  While I would love it to be perfect ... I am also appreciative of the fact that "perfect" is in the eye of the beholder ;-).


The back reflects the quilting design a little more.

I've now sorted out the stitch tension ... so the next effort will be better ;-).

We're spending a week out at the cabin ...


And so far ... it's been AMAZINGLY relaxing!

Hope you're having a good week!

All the best
Lisa

2 comments:

  1. It's beautiful, Lisa! I like the mix of straight and curves, and the texture is wonderful! Interested to see what kind of machine you chose....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got a new machine myself a couple months ago and I'm still learning things about it. Takes a while, I guess...and some "experimenting :)

    This is a very pretty quilt and mistakes and all, I'm sure she'll really appreciate it.

    Enjoy your vacation at the lake.

    ReplyDelete

Comments read daily and THOROUGHLY enjoyed!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...