Nope ... it's not a quilt ...

We both run.  John's retired, so he runs mid-morning.  I work from 9 to whenever, so I run whenever I can get it in.  What this means is at least two loads of laundry almost daily, just for running.  What it also means, apparently, is a BIG electric bill -- nearly $300 for the last bill that covered 2 months (and we don't have air-conditioning).

Hence the post ...

When we were in Europe the last two times, we rented apartments in 4 different cities.  Each apartment had a washer and a wonderful drying rack that held nearly 2 loads of laundry.

I have looked casually for the rack back here in the U.S. since our last trip over, but with the arrival of our latest electric bill, I started looking a little harder and found this wunderkind on Amazon.  We purchased 2, one for the cabin and one for the Seattle house.

What's different about this rack from the ones that I have seen back here in the US, is the extension arms on either end.


These fold out and nearly double the drying space ... creating a great deal of horizontal drying area vs. the ones I've seen here that are more vertical.


While I would say that it's not quite the quality of what we found in the rentals in Europe, with care, we should get a few years worth of quality (cheap) drying with these and at $24.99 each (I am Prime, so free shipping), that's not a bad deal considering what the electric bill's been running.

I just thought I would share, for those of you who are looking for a year-round drying solution (easily sets up in a spare room, bathroom or hallway) to either save money or be kinder to the environment.

Oh ... btw, we find the best way is to take the clothes off when they are still a teeny bit damp and run through the dryer for about 10 minutes.  That takes a little bit of the stiffness out of them.

Hope you are having a great weekend.

All the best,
Lisa

Comments