|My version of a wonky star quilt|
|A WIP capture|
It took several months to pull all the stars together ... and my learning on this one was that if I walked away from it and worked on other things, I got more creative when I came back. I found that each time I made stars, I tended to make similar ones, by letting a week or two go by between working on it, I ended up with more diversity in my blocks, which I believe is what makes the quilt work.
|My favorite block|
The quilt by the numbers:
- 30, 12.25" blocks (5 wide by 6 tall)
- 6 empty blocks (negative space)
- Stars ... several different sizes -- small medium and large.
- Kona Ash is the core background color
- Multiple print blocks
- Really tight meandering quilting with a light gray thread
- Pieced binding
|Back of quilt|
Overall, I was thrilled with how the quilt came out and I hope that Nichole and her family get LOTS of quality use from it over the coming years!
Thanks for visiting!