It was made for John's newly adopted grandson. The Plainspoken patter, inspired by this beaultiful quilt from Amy ala mode.
I have learned TONS about quilting in the past year -- both personally and from others:
- From others:
- If your toe doesn't get caught in the pucker on the back ... leave it
- Bindings are meant to be mitered at the corners (still haven't managed to try one of those yet)
- Washing and ironing all fabric is not required
- Walking feet are required for straight line quilting
- A quilt doesn't have to be finished in a week
- Color combinations can work in quilts that would never work in other places
- Solids can make fabulous quilts too
- Making product for an Etsy shop is just not my thing
- Perfection may be a goal, but it's not required
- I do have a creative side
- I have had the opportunity to give over 35 friends and family members gifts that have come from my heart and my own creativity ... and that's something to feel REALLY good about!
Oh ... and here's a peek at another one I have in the works ...