A Surprise Party ...


I've been busy … getting a little quilting in … but more importantly, getting a surprise party set up!

Back story … my husband, John, turned 70 on March 10th.  He started running about 7 years ago … and this past weekend, ran his 18th half marathon.  

John was diagnosed with prostate cancer a little over a year ago … he's been doing great … and to celebrate his 70th, John has decided to run a full marathon (his first) and has chosen to run this first marathon in Paris, France on April 6th.  

This past weekend, he ran a local 1/2 marathon as a training run here in Seattle.

As a surprise, I invited friends to come out and cheer him up along the race …  we got T-Shirts, balloons, cowbells, signs, etc. and a good group of friends to help us celebrate.




He did … running his 3rd best time after 18 half marathons.  There was a lot of fun had by all … especially the birthday boy!


We followed the race with brunch at a friends … amazing what a couple of hours with a few good friends can do to refresh your spirits …

Awesome weekend!  Great to have friends and family around!

All the best
Lisa



Comments

  1. Love this post! Look out Paris!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, John, and happy birthday! Enjoy the marathon in Paris - I can't imagine how wonderful it will be to race through those beautiful streets!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure he loved having a cheering squad. April in Paris sounds wonderful. What a wonderful place to run his first marathon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your husband is amazing! I need his determination, my knees have been bothering me a lot in the days after a run recently and I'm not sure how to deal with it - maybe I just need to ignore it and imagine your husband running the Paris marathon, roughly 380 miles from here! I'll be running the Hornsea third of a marathon on that day, which isn't nearly as impressive!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments read daily and THOROUGHLY enjoyed!