Geometric Pattern Quilt


Delighted at the support that people have given me with my very first quilt pattern launch!  Wow, it's been great to see the interest out there -- particularly from the mid-century modern community!

I didn't do any lead-up promotion—despite a career spent in Analytical Marketing, self-promotion still remains a bit foreign to me!  Despite that, I have been thrilled to see the reception it has received!  This quilt pattern can be found in my shop!

I also want to call out Suzy Quilts for her "How to Make a Quilt Pattern" post.  While my self promotion may be lacking, I really gave a lot of attention to detail and creating a pattern that would be easy to understand.  Suzy's post was a real help in determine what and how to go about it and I truly value what she is willing to share.  She's rapidly become a leader in this online community, in part, because she knows it is a big world out there and is room for all of us and sharing helps us all move up a notch!

Oh ... and my "photo shoot" on Hood Canal was a hoot as well.  I took the test quilt with me on a trip to the Post Office, figuring I would find somewhere to take a few shots.  I ran across this magnificent piece of driftwood at the end of a trail in a tiny little park along the water (big treasures on hidden trails!).

It was such a dreary day, which in the end, worked to my advantage as I think the quilt really stands out in the gray.  A full sun day may have been too much!



And when I was wrapping up the shoot, a lovely woman stopped by.  A fellow quilter!  She and her sister own a vacation home they use part time, not far from where we were standing.  She invited me over for a look at what she was working on.  As sweet as her quilts in progress were, what left me speechless was the view from her quilting loft!!!  I could kinda quilt in there 7 days a week, 8 hours a day!


Here's to a Happy Holiday for all and to more random encounters with fellow quilters in the New Year!

All the best,
Lisa

Comments