Well done !!!




I don't have children … but I suspect the joy I feel at watching my husband over the past 3 years somewhat mirrors that of a parent as they watch a child accomplish something they thought unattainable …

Three years ago, my husband told me that he was toying with the idea of running a full marathon for his 70th birthday … for someone who hadn't even started running until he was 63 … I was impressed, but I must say, not confident …

Then 18 months ago he heard the dreaded words … you have prostate cancer.  He was treated in Feb 2013 … and by summer, he had resurrected his dream … only this time … it had a destination attached to it … Paris.

I am pleased to report that on Sunday, April 6th, he ran his first marathon in Paris with 50,000 other souls.  Finishing in 4 hours, 16 minutes and 30 seconds.  While it was slower than he had hoped, he placed 15th in his age group out of 103 men and was fast enough in his first marathon that he has now qualified to run Boston, New York and/or London marathons in 2015.

@ 1km

@ 12km

@ 30km
Just a reminder … NEVER say never ;-)

Oh … and then we had a fabulous week in Paris and I am sure … will live happily ever after …


More quilts soon!

All the best,
Lisa


Comments

  1. What an accomplishment! A great reminder that we can do so much if we set our minds to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations John....dreams do come true...what a way to celebrate such an achievement.....a week in Paris.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! At 33 I wish I could run a full marathon in that time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome, John!!! A HUGE whoop whoop for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. John is amazing! I hope I can do half so well when I'm sixty! Congratulations to the both of you!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Congratulations to your husband for achieving his dream and to you for being such a great cheerleader.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats!!! My goodness John doesn't even look tired or sweaty or anything! Definitely inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments read daily and THOROUGHLY enjoyed!