Monday, February 11, 2013

For Us!

Chevron quilt
My first commission quilt was a chevron quilt.  While I had dabbled briefly with chevrons, here and here ... I had never made a completed quilt of them, and I had only done them with HSTs.

So ... before attempting a commission, I figured I need to try one out on my own.  Off to the stash I went ... and am pleased to share ...

This baby was a freebie ... constructed entirely from the stash ... front and back -- and my first labeled quilt that wasn't a commission!


It will sit in our family room on the green leather sofa or chair that it was made for!

And again, I used both the chevron tutorial from Crazy Mom Quilts and the binding tutorial from Rachel @ Stitched in Color.  Actually, I am not really using Rachel's tutorial any longer ... this is just how I will bind my quilts going forward, and Rachel taught me ;-0.


The back is nothing terribly special ... it is also completely from the stash ...

I love a new, unexpected quilt ... particularly one that really didn't cost anything to make.  The commission quilt was a success ... and so, I think, was this one!

All the best
Lisa

1 comment:

  1. I just love looking at the combination of colour other quilters use. Very striking,it is amazing just how much fabric we have in our stashes.
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete

Comments read daily and THOROUGHLY enjoyed!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...