So I went ahead and made the pillows ... and of course. The next day got the message back from my niece -- initials are CMN and KAN.
So what the heck ... I can put the intials on the back ... right ?!?!? How hard can it be? Well ... it was a little tricky ... but it actually came out pretty good and I liked the fact I had personalized them, without having to put it on the front.
Not so fast ... her initials are CMN, not KMN ... yup ... I mixed up the sisters initials.
It's not the end of the world, I had already realized that the pillows go great in my guest room ... no one will notice the initials on the back. So I started to make another one for my niece.
I still have enough fabric left ... so I pulled it together and realized I actually like this one a little better than the last one ;-).
Until I see problem #2 ... I forgot to cut off the selvage.
Well ... nothing that a little seam ripper wont fix. At least that one's fixable without having to remake the pillow.
Now I need to pick up a zipper tomorrow and finish it up by tomorrow night ... then I'll be right back where I started ;-).
At least this time I got to appliqué the monogram before I put the pillow together.
Thanks again for the great advice on the first round!
All the best