What a bunch of squares ...

What a bunch of squares
Denyse Schidt's "What a Bunch of Squares" from her book Quilts.

Queen size.



Birthday present for my brother ... now officially 1 month late.


Still have to decide how to quilt.

But now I get a few days off ... after having completed my 'long' run two weeks ago ...
my first 10-mile run EVER!!!
I will be Portland, OR on Sunday running my first half-marathon ... yup ... nervous ... but actually quite proud of how far I have come!  Couldn't run a mile 18 months ago ... and it two days will run 13.1 !!!

All the best
Lisa

Comments

  1. Wow..I love the quilt, and good luck in the race, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo, Lisa! What a great quilt!!! I love the colors you chose....

    And how wonderful about your running! Have a lot of fun with your first half-marathon - I hope the weather is cool and just perfect for your run!!! Be sure to let us know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your brother's quilt looks great! Good luck with your race on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your run! I run my 10k in two weeks and am struggling with plantar fasciitis at the moment, very annoying! I'm glad I'm not the only one who finishes birthday quilts late, my dad's is on track to be a month late.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your run -- that's awesome! Thanks for all the inspiration. Haven't gotten my scattered blocks together yet. We'll see how that one turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi again! Thanks for you comment on my curves class runner! Did you sign up for hand-stitched class? Also, I'm a runner too and a half marathon is a big deal and a great distance! Congrats. (I also voted for you quilt for favorite bed quilt) : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I found your post on google. Thank you so much for the link to Denise's pattern. I have been looking for the pattern What a bunch of squares forever!! You are my hero!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments read daily and THOROUGHLY enjoyed!