It started as a way to use up some of my scrap solids ... I did have to buy a little extra fabric to complete, but about 70-80% of the quilt came from my scrap bucket.
This quilt is for the murphy bed in the cabin.
I had spent a couple of months trying to figure out a pattern that would use the solid scraps that I was slowly collecting. I wanted a pattern that would allow me to use up some of the small scraps that I had accumulated. So I created a pattern where each block is comprised of 3 pieces -- 3.5" x 3.5" square, accompanied by a 3.5" x 1.75" strip and a 4.75" x 1.75" strip.
There were LOTS of little pieces to be cut (1,716 pieces to be exact).
Finding somewhere to lay it out where there was both enough room AND dog free was a challenge.
The back turned out to be one of my favorite parts!
My biggest learning on this quilt was that shrinkage can be even greater than you anticipate ... this quilt shrunk nearly 10%. I don't know if it was the material or the tight meandering quilting that make it shrink so much ... but lesson learned for my next one.