Simple cushions

Five cushions in under 2 hours ... that's what I call an easy project!


When I headed out to the cabin this weekend ... this was supposed to be an "if I have time" project as I was really planning to work on a quilt WIP.  That's until I realized that I forgot my "sewing box".  That means I had no scissors, bobbins, rotary cutters, straight pins, etc.

So ... back burner the quilt ... and time to focus on cushions.

Several months ago, I had purchased a few upholstery fabric samples at JoAnns for $2 each.


Last week, I picked up a yard of decorator fabric for $12.99 to use for the backs ... and today, with an old pair of scissors from the kitchen, I made these.


I discovered today that hidden in the little drawer on my Pfaff was an invisible zipper foot ... that has to be one of the best little gadgets out there.  Using Katie's invisible zipper tutorial, I was able to use that foot and install 5 zippers without using a single straight pin!

The zippers were super easy and the pillows came out great.  I really like the heavier decorating fabric for the pillows, it makes them seem far more professional.

These are for my brother in his new apartment ... I'm pretty sure that they will look better on his sofa, than on my guest bed ;-)


I reckon (without the pillow forms) I was able to make these for $6 each ... not bad ;-).

Hope you're having a great weekend ... spring has definitely arrived in the Pacific Northwest!

All the best
Lisa

Comments

  1. Fabric samples like yours are the BEST. Someone gave me some a few years ago, and I'm still finding uses for them. Your cushions are just beautiful........talk about doing with what you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are wonderful - I'm sure your brother will love them. I am so impressed that you can put a zipper in without any pins!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments read daily and THOROUGHLY enjoyed!