Juliet's Quilt

Thanks so much for the kind words and wishes for the newest grand-baby in the family ... Juliet.  I finished her quilt today!  Just in time, John is heading off to Toronto next weekend to meet his new grand-daughter, and spend some quality time with his sons and grandson.

The fabric is Moda's Central Park by Kate Spain mixed with some of the great solids I've gotten since I joined Pink Chalk's Monthly Solids Club.  The sashing is Kona Coal.
The pattern is Rain or Shine from Elizabeth Hartman's "Practical Guide to Patchwork".  I saw a rendition of it at my LQS and fell in love ... so of course I had to buy the book.  I didn't add the rosette that was in the pattern in the book.  I didn't really feel it added a lot and thought it might just be one of those things that a baby would like to suck on or pull off ... and my points in the center of each of the circles didn't look so bad ..
This is the first back I have done without piecing ... basically, I am a pretty thrifty quilter, so I piece together whatever I have in the cupboard and that's usually what a back is made from.  But how often does a grand-daughter come along ... so I went all out on this one ;-).  I kind of miss the piecing, but do feel that on this one it was worth the added expense, and it does seem a bit more advanced than my typical quilt backs.
The binding is pieced.

And what's a photo shoot at the cabin without a little of the view included?
On a personal note, the stress fracture is healing nicely and I was actually able to venture out for a walk today.  Hope to be running again by early December.  As some of you are aware, I had planned to run the Seattle half-marathon next month as a way to celebrate being 10-years cancer free ... which also happens next month.  I have had to delay the 1/2 marathon and am now planning on running Vancouver in May instead, but I will still be celebrating good health (and 16 wonderful years of marriage ;-) next month.

Hope you're having a great weekend!

All the best
Lisa

Comments

  1. Fantastic quilt! Love everything about it, the quilting, the fabric, the binding. And congrats on so many things ... the new grandbaby and the anniversary of good health and your wedding. Happy happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your quilt for Juliet, it's a block I haven't been brave enough to try yet. I fear that I'll have a hot mess in the centre of the block where all the points meet. Any hints?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb quilt-love your version of it.It is amazing how different a quilt can look from the pattern when someone else puts their touch on it.
    Congrats on your milestones-celebrate well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely quilt...I love the colours. Congrats on the new granddaughter, she's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a beautiful quilt, Lisa, and how wonderful that it's for a new granddaughter! They're the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great quilt! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilt and I LOVE that skinny border!
    Congrats on 10 years cancer free, the new grandbaby, and 16 years of marriage! Good luck on your next race!

    So I think I told you I started running. I just do about 2.5 miles 4-5 days a week. But there are huge hills and it's very challenging for me. Anyway, my knees are rather sore. I have brand new running shoes but I've never had knee soreness before. I'm thinking it's the shoes, but bummed b/c I just got them a few months ago. I may switch shoes and see if that helps. Do you have any advices, suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is such a pretty quilt. i love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I came over from Flickr after seeing this quilt in the fresh modern pool, it is beautiful! Your post really cheered up my morning, it's brimming with positivity! Well done you with all of your fabulous anniversaries and the new little one in the family :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's soooo beautiful! I love how those colors look next to the kona coal!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments read daily and THOROUGHLY enjoyed!