Casual stars


I must say ... I am REALLY happy with how this came out!  First, I must share my inspiration quilts ... here and here.  And then when I was near completion of the blocks, I saw this awesome star ... and of course had to add a couple of those as well!

This quilt is for my friend, Nichole, who helped me get my current job ... my little way of saying thanks!
The back is fairly simple solids ... with a very little bit of piecing.
The quilt by the numbers:

  • 12 1/4" star blocks (there are 24 of them)
  • 12 1/4" solid blocks (there are 6 of them)
  • It's quilted in a tight meandering pattern with a light gray thread
  • There is a mix of designer fabrics, the gray is Kona Ash and the darker gray is Kona Coal.
  • It's bound with a mixture of the the prints used in the quilt.

Nichole is actually in the hospital tonight ... her water broke this afternoon and there is a baby on the way had a 7lb 8oz little boy named Wyatt last week ... while this quilt isn't a baby present (and she still hasn't seen it), I did get a chance to deliver the baby and sibling presents this past weekend that I blogged about here.

I spent the first half of it at a trade show in San Francisco -- a 13 hour day standing at a trade show booth on Monday and 11 hours on Tuesday ... collapsed when I landed back in the room at the end of the day ... so I am looking forward to getting a chance to peruse all of YOUR productivity sometime this weekend!

Hope you've had a great week.

All the best
Lisa

Comments

  1. this quilt really pops! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, what a great quilt! There are so many cool things in it - different sized stars, plain blocks, limited color scheme with pops of other colors... Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa this quilt is absolutely gorgeous! I LOVE it! Although I do like your inspiration quilts, this one is so different and I really really love it! I love the solid blocks with nothing, mixed with the star blocks. It's so random, so modern and so intriguing! Great job! I'll have to copy this one someday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just get tongue-tied by this quit -- I love the color & the pops of color; I love the variety of stars & the lack of stars; I loooove the quilting; and I love that you gave it away!
    *gasp* & *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this quilt, stars are one of my favourite blocks and the colours in this are fab.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt is so much more beautiful than the ones that inspired it. I admire your creativity and am inspired by your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous quilt!! I particularly like the "negative" star!! Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa, I so love the gorgeous combination of bright pops of color and the quiet space between blocks. So beautifully balanced!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments read daily and THOROUGHLY enjoyed!