Quilting Ruler Storage

At last ... a solution for storing my quilting rulers.


I added two additional quilting rulers to my tool set about a month ago.  Apparently, that was enough to tip the balance on being able to keep them all on my cutting table and still be able to actually cut fabric.  There simply wasn't enough room!

So I spent a little time trying to come up with a solution.  Initially, I was looking at an IKEA spice rack, but couldn't find anything with a closed front on the bottom.  And then I saw a picture ledge on their site.  Solution!

I wanted to put it on the end of my fabric storage cabinet as it's wood and I felt that the rulers wouldn't cause any scratches—as I was fearful they might on a painted wall.  The cabinet is 16.5" deep, so I needed a small shelf, that was less than 16.5" wide,

I found this picture shelf, which is 12.5" wide and has a black vinyl surface, which I believe will work great in this application.  And at $8.99 with free shipping, how could I not buy it.

Here it is installed.  I have been working with 6 rulers total on it, including my 6.5"x 24.5".


There is still plenty of room to add another ruler or two.


A little closer detail.


It's been in place for the past 2 weeks and it is working great!

Cheers,
Lisa

Comments

  1. Sometimes a simple solution is also the most elegant. It looks very nice there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments read daily and THOROUGHLY enjoyed!