Vacation Projects ...


A week at the cabin … a glorious week … in glorious weather at the cabin!

I was able to sneak some quilting in this week between kayaking, running and getting a few other projects underway.  I had purchased the table and chairs on Craig's List last summer and made the seat covers (blogged here) then as well.  This week I finally got around to painting them.

Chairs before paining
It was pretty simple.  I purchased 2 colors of Valspar Outdoor Satin spray paint at Lowes (Spring Sprout for the chairs and Dried Pepper for the table).

John did a little sanding and I was able to spray paint them up in the garden.


In total, I used 4 cans of paint for the chairs and 2 on the table.

It's kind of nice to have some color back in the garden … since the deer worked so hard to remove it the week before we got here.


After our kayaking fun a couple of weeks ago, we were able to pick up a Kayak on Craig's List and have a second one on order.  Guess we underestimated how awkward it can be to walk around a 1 car garage with a 14' kayak in it ;-).  So John found a great tutorial for a kayak rack online … and pulled it together this week as well.


We have some friends coming out for the weekend and it's meant to get above 90F here … which should be interesting in a cabin with no air conditioning … thank goodness we've got great neighbors who have offered to loan us a couple of their kayaks as well … playing in the canal will be very refreshing!

I was able to finish a few of the quilt tops that have been laying around … once I've taken some photo's, I'll share a few, stay tuned!!!

Enjoying the rest of the week off … hope you had a great week!

All the best
Lisa

Comments