Sunday, July 13, 2014

Patchwork with a twist ...



I started this as a patchwork of 3.75" squares from my scrap bins which I posted here … then twisted it up a little with some 3.75" strips of white in the midst.

This is for my niece's graduation present from high school last month (yup, as with all my quilts lately, it's a little late).


I quilted it with a X pattern … and was able to do it free form … I am pretty pleased with how straight the lines came out!


For the back, I used up some of the extra blocks that I had from the front and then made a label for the quilt.



Kaitlin loves a riot of color … and I think this pretty much captures that.  I used a few different colors on the binding to bring the color fun home.


Great week off at the cabin … heading back to the real world tomorrow morning …

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

All the best,
Lisa

2 comments:

  1. Love the greens, teals with the orange and pinks. Great back. Nice job and like how you finished the binding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great quilt. So much color…….I like the back too!

    ReplyDelete

Comments read daily and THOROUGHLY enjoyed!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...