Monday, June 30, 2014

"Art" Quilt


I fell in love with this quilt … IN LOVE!!!  

I wanted to try an "art" quilt, as opposed to a "quilt" quilt?  Make sense???

Anyway … here it is …


There was a lot of seam ripper involved in this quilt … squares didn't work, it needed to be linear and rectangle … the whole section under the light blue was re-pieced at least 3 times ;-).


I felt a little Frank Lloyd Wright-ish while making this … but loved where it was taking me to and where my mind wandered after having seen the original.  


The process … undertaken when I was under stress … was cathartic and helped me relax and lose myself in the process.  It's a different type of quilting for me and one that I want to do a little more of (design walls certainly help!!!).  


Simple back … had to find somewhere to use one of the squares that didn't work on the front ;-).  


It's for a friend who was a bone marrow donor for her sister back in April of this year …

And then when I finished … little relaxation for John and I …




Hope you're having a great week!

All the best
Lisa

6 comments:

  1. I love how this turned out....I love Terry's quilt as well, such great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. as soon as I saw your first picture I knew you were inspired by Terry's quilt! Well done - it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really into improv/abstract quilts right now and I love it! It reminds me of a Diebenkorn painting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa I love your inspiration and your quilt is fabulous as well! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa I love your inspiration and your quilt is amazing too! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. turned out beautifully! I love these kind of "Art Quilts" but am terrible at the improv part of piecing them!!! Yours looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Comments read daily and THOROUGHLY enjoyed!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...