"Art" Quilt


I fell in love with this quilt … IN LOVE!!!  

I wanted to try an "art" quilt, as opposed to a "quilt" quilt?  Make sense???

Anyway … here it is …


There was a lot of seam ripper involved in this quilt … squares didn't work, it needed to be linear and rectangle … the whole section under the light blue was re-pieced at least 3 times ;-).


I felt a little Frank Lloyd Wright-ish while making this … but loved where it was taking me to and where my mind wandered after having seen the original.  


The process … undertaken when I was under stress … was cathartic and helped me relax and lose myself in the process.  It's a different type of quilting for me and one that I want to do a little more of (design walls certainly help!!!).  


Simple back … had to find somewhere to use one of the squares that didn't work on the front ;-).  


It's for a friend who was a bone marrow donor for her sister back in April of this year …

And then when I finished … little relaxation for John and I …




Hope you're having a great week!

All the best
Lisa

Comments

  1. I love how this turned out....I love Terry's quilt as well, such great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. as soon as I saw your first picture I knew you were inspired by Terry's quilt! Well done - it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really into improv/abstract quilts right now and I love it! It reminds me of a Diebenkorn painting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa I love your inspiration and your quilt is fabulous as well! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa I love your inspiration and your quilt is amazing too! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. turned out beautifully! I love these kind of "Art Quilts" but am terrible at the improv part of piecing them!!! Yours looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments read daily and THOROUGHLY enjoyed!