Greetings from Amsterdam!

While I don't have the ability to send photos remotely right now, John & I were able to visit Dutch Quilts here in Amsterdam this afternoon.

I was told the "American fabrics" were upstairs, though I never made it ... Falling in love with lovely "Dutch" prints instead.

Though they are not my traditional fabric choices, they are traditional fabrics and I am excited to use them for my month in the Modern Quilting Bee II in May. I know ... traditional fabrics in a Modern bee ... let me work on that on the flight home ;-).

And for the trip ... 5 days in Berlin was fabulous, one morning we went for a run in the Tiergarten (the large park in the center of the city) and they were starting to close down some of the roads ... turns out that the Berlin half marathon started about an hour after we finished (with over 25,000 runners)!

We met up with some friends from the UK for 5 nights in Istanbul. Truly one of the most AMAZING cities I have ever been to and a fabulous chance to spend time with dear friends.

We arrived in Amsterdam last night and have the cutest little apartment. Where I sit now admiring my fabric purchase, enjoying a cup of tea, peeking through 100+ year-old glass at the lovely canal below.

Comments

  1. Sounds like a dream trip! Hope it all goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have.....isn't Amsterdam amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I fell prey to the Dutch polished cottons a few years ago at the Quilt Festival. Lucky you to see them in their native habitat!
    I'm hoping for lots of photos when you return!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments read daily and THOROUGHLY enjoyed!