Vivienne's baby quilt

Our hearts are heavy this weekend with the tragedy in Paris ...

We spent 10-days in Paris last year as John ran his first marathon for his 70th birthday ... it was an amazingly warm and beautiful city.   Our hearts to Parisians and the French people today.

One thing I do love about quilting is how it takes my mind away from everything else.  This weekend, is no exception ...

Vivienne Skye was born on June 29th ... such a big name for such a little beauty!  I am finally getting to her quilt.


Disappointed that it has taken me so long ... but excited to have started it.  Vivienne's mom is a designer and picked out the colors ... I think part of my challenge was choosing a quilt design that was worthy of a designer!

There will be some additional work on these blocks as I cut them up and create a simple, modified version of a bento box quilt.


In the interim, I wrap up my final 2 months at work before retirement.  John's been busy out here at the cabin moving us in, getting unpacked, honing his construction skills by building  shed for the kayaks and other equipment and getting started on a quilting studio for moi!

The Kayak Shack comes together 
The beginnings of a quilting studio!




















Looking forward to sharing pics of that as we make progress!

All the best,
Lisa

Comments