It's a bird theme ...


Sarah rides my van ... and her second daughter arrived a little early (November) so I am a little late (February) in getting this quilt out the door.

Sarah wanted greens and yellows and said they had a bird theme going on from her first daughter, so would likely continue it with the second.

I saw this great quilt at Modern Quilting by B (based on a block design by Quilt Dad).  Quilt Dad designed the blocks to resemble starlings.  I tried to make mine more random and had 3 size of starlings on the quilt ... in the end, not thrilled, but it's a warm cuddly quilt and I know that mom will appreciate what I've made.


The back is some simple piecing.


And I powered through some extra JoAnn's fabric that I had left on hand for the binding.

We got snow here last night ... kind of unusual for Seattle, but apparently pretty predictable for this winter in general!

Backyard wonderland
Hope you're having a great weekend and pausing to catch a little Olympics along the way ... don't you just LOVE the backdrops they are using in Sochi ... they look a LOT like a quilt!



All the best
Lisa

Comments