Another graduation quilt


My cousin's daughter is graduation from law school!  She was a recipient of one of my very first quilts when she finished her undergraduate degree back in 2009.  This time, I got a few clues as to what she might like from her Pinterest page where I saw chevrons and hot pinks as being themes ...

Chevron quilt - Pink and Gray
I used an off-white with the magenta and gray so that it wasn't quite so bright.


I used Momma Said Sew Concrete Pinking Sheers by Moda for the binding.


I was quite happy with the back and think with a little more detail, something like this could make a really nice front as well.  The pink frame in the bottom right corner is the label with her name and graduation date.

I know it's been a while since I posted ... but it's been fairly busy these days!  John's prostate cancer treatment is going really well, however, my father was diagnosed with Alzheimers in April and that has taken some getting used to.

This weekend, however, all was forgotten as we ran the Seattle Rock and Roll half marathon with an amazing group of people, wear blue: run to remember.  John ran it in under 2 hours despite his radiation treatment and two ribs that he cracked in a fall 3 weeks ago ... I was my traditional slow and steady ... but this time there was a purpose as I ran in honor of SGT William Chapman Stacey, a US Marine who was killed in Afghanistan early last year.  It was an incredible opportunity to run for something important and the shear act of running far out weighed any opportunities I had to improve my time ... as I told his mother yesterday, the fact that I run so slow meant that thousands of runners had the opportunity to run by me and see Will and our need to remember those who are risking their lives for us.



Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Lisa

Comments

  1. Another great quilt, Lisa! I'm so impressed with you and John and your running too :) Best wishes for John contining to do well in his treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lisa, I have been following your blog for about a year now, and I am very glad to hear that John's treatment is going well... I have often been thinking about it and I admit that I was hoping for good news. I am very impressed by your positive attitude to life, running, and of course quilting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments read daily and THOROUGHLY enjoyed!