A lesson

Yes ... it has been a lesson ...

I have a former colleague (from my working days) who I had made a baby quilt for a few years back ... she was thrilled ... she's from Atlanta and said that simply wasn't the tradition back where she came from (we live in the pacific northwest).

Late last year she asked if I could make twin quilts for her two young boys who share a room with bunk beds.  She sent me a link to some Google photos of their amazing camping adventure last summer.  I gave it some thought and then sent her a price.  She agreed and I started on them last month.

I thought through, and ordered fabric, that I thought would be perfect!




But ... after a few attempts ... it was clear they were too busy and that my first attempt was not going to work.




I turned those options into potholders ...

ve

But then I had to get down to the actual quilts I had committed ;-).

Eventually, I landed on my Corner Block Tutorial for this round ... I had indicated that one of the quilts would prioritize blue (from the sky pics of their trip) and the other golds (from the prairies).



I am now in the quilting phase ...


I am clearly way in over what I had given to her as a price ... but am now invested and am very excited to see where they end up!

All the best,
Lisa

Comments

  1. I think your 1st attempt was wonderful!! Busy, but wonderful. Your revised fabric choices are calmer, but not necessarily better. Simply different. Your co-worker will be thrilled (and if you underestimated your price, you should let her know that because she may be happy to make up the difference... or at least split the difference!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments read daily and THOROUGHLY enjoyed!