Not a quilt ... but a creation none-the-less

As I posted here ... John and I purchased a T@b Trailer in early 2016.  The objective was to take advantage of living in the Pacific Northwest (PNW) and spend some time visiting the amazing public lands that exist on the west coast, both in the US and Canada.

They are amazing little trailers ... well built, easy to tow on the back of most standard SUVs and easy to pull into nearly all campgrounds.


I found a template for a window awning on the T@b Camping Trailers Facebook Page.  It sits on the outside of the window and goes up and down with the awning window.  I decided that it would probably be a good addition for our trip out to Glacier National Park last summer.  The window awning provides a lot of cooling by preventing the sun from shining through the windows and heating up the interior.  It has the added bonus of increasing privacy in tight campsites while still maintaining some airflow in the interior.

I found some indoor / outdoor material at JoAnn's for one side, and made it reversible by adding a gray duck cloth for the reverse.


I made a modification ... putting some straps in the upper corners of the window to hold them in place a bit more securely in wind.


Well ... excited, I posted a pic of my new window awnings on the FB page.  I then had someone reach out to me ... and before I knew it, I had sold a few to people who were interested, but didn't have sewing machines or weren't ready to take on sewing themselves.


I had enough inquiries ... that I went back and asked the originator of the pattern if she would let me sell the awnings from my Etsy shop.  And she said YES!!!!

So I am thrilled to say that I am now offering T@b Window Awnings made with Indoor / Outdoor fabric in my Etsy shop!  I haven't announced it on the FB page yet, as I have a few orders to get complete.  Looking forward to this for two reasons ... it's really cool to make something that will be used when people are living their dreams and it will be nice to have a little extra cash to spend on material for my true passion ... quilting!

There had been a request for a couple of pics of what the inside of the T@b looks like ...


First ... the interior of this trailer is 124" long x 71" wide and 69" tall.  It includes a U shaped seating area with a table that converts to a nearly king-size (70" x 73").  It has a sink 2-burner stove, 3-way refrigerator, toilet, shower, heater, air conditioner, blue-tooth stereo system and a TV!

Seating area sans the table

The kitchen (bathroom to the left)

And just for a little humor ... the before and after pictures for the sleeping arrangements.

Ready for bed ...

Someone (ahem) doesn't want to get up ...
Did I mention that we camp in this thing with two adults and two 50+ pound dogs?

None-the-less, it has been a great experience thus far, having spent 61-nights in it in 2016 ... we are looking forward to seeing what 2017 brings!

Here's to 2017 Adventures!


All the best,
Lisa

Comments

  1. Way cool.
    Good luck with your new product line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Camping in style! congrats on those orders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the camper - and your awning cover! Good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome!!!
    what a lovely (and unpretentious) travel bug!!!
    congrats!!!
    xo
    eva

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments read daily and THOROUGHLY enjoyed!