Market Bag is Back


This bag is always such a hit!!!

I have made it multiple times for a variety of friends and family members.  As you can see here, herehere, here, and here  ...  oh and the fabulous tutorial to make this bags can be found on Bijou Lovely's blog.  


I love how they all look SO different depending on the fabric that's used.  This one is a Christmas present for my new sister-in-law, Katherine.  She's got a very sophisticated sense of style and I was looking for material that would match that.  I used a upholstery fabric that I picked up for 40% off at JoAnns last week.  I coupled it with some Kona gray.  


I was delighted to find when I visited my sister earlier this year that her daughters totally use the bags  made them several years ago for their Christmas presents ... SO tough to come up with the right gift for a young lady in her late teens and it appears I hit it right on the money with this bag!


I am still doing far too little quilting as my retirement was deferred again until early February ... but it's coming soon and in the interim, I have moved Santa's elf shop to the kitchen in my little apartment here in Seattle.


Hopefully Katherine will like the bag and get used to having a sister-in-law who prefers to make, rather than buy, gifts.

Hope your Holiday gift creations are almost finished!!!

All the best
Lisa

Comments

  1. Love the bag! Think I might just rustle up one for myself!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments read daily and THOROUGHLY enjoyed!