Progress ...


The top section of the quilt is now nearly complete … since it's a 10th Anniversary present for a couple that will be celebrating their 11th Anniversary in October … I am a little behind.  I guess I've taken the attitude that if a wedding present can be delayed by a year …

You can see here what the overall quilt is meant to look like.  There were a couple of inspirations for this quilt.  The painting the couple have over the fireplace in their family room.  A quilt that I have admired and already made a quilt. 

The design was done on excel … it's funny.  I work in Marketing (the analytical side), but had some humor shared over the past couple of weeks as my creative partners in marketing all chuckled at the the thought that I could actually design something beautiful in excel ;-).

Spending the long weekend out at the cabin … and got a 6-mile journey in on our new kayaks.  This is a totally new sport for us and so far … we're having a ball … 
Today's 6-mile kayak journey on Hood Canal
Tuesday night's kayak & sunset on Puget Sound
If you can't tell … we're really enjoying the new boats!

Hope you're having a great weekend.

All the best
Lisa



Comments

  1. Loving the look of the quilt Lisa. What a glorious place to kayak. I've kayaked for fun a few times and love it. Recently on a trip to Australia to visit sister,bil, and nephew we hired kayaks and did a river trip-haven't laughed so much in ages as banks were crashed into, stuck on logs (them not me!!) but at least we didn't tip out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad my quilt Shades of Gray inspired you to make 2 quilts!

    I thought you might be interested to know how I made mine, and that it won an award.
    http://www.terryaskeartquilts.com/Studio/2014/06/13/cqa-award/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terry -- Thanks for sharing ... I LOVE your quilt. I have turned my focus to more graphic art quilts ... and when I saw yours ... I knew that it was a style that totally resonated with me and drew me in. Each time, I try to vary it up ... but find I am still drawn to the four distinct background colors that you used to create the canvas for the art. Your award was well earned !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful art quilt in progress Lisa! Puget sound looks so wonderful and makes me miss the northwest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deep water *shudders* - you're are a braver woman than I am!! Keep going on the quilt, later or no, it is going to be gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greetings from Cape Breton, Nova Scotia. Love finding a fellow quilter/kayak enthusiast!! How were your new kayaks?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments read daily and THOROUGHLY enjoyed!