Up until tonight ...

I had always basted with pins ...


I am thinking that's about to change!  I am really loving the smooth flat surface you get with the spray.

I have decided to quilt this in the same way as the inspiration quilt … I know ... I need to get more original … but this is a quilt that's had my eye for a while … and as long as I give credit where credit's due … I want to be able to try some of the tricks and tools that I believe made the inspiration quilt SO effective.

I found this great tutorial on how to straight line quilt within blocks over on Crazy Mom Quilts.  She uses the free-motion foot … who would have thought?!?!?  Every time that I had tried this before I was a stuck with a bunch of loose threads that I couldn't manage effectively.  Her tips make loose threads a thing of the past.

I ran created a test mini-quilt last night to give it a whirl …



Going to give the "real" quilt a go tomorrow night … wish me luck!

All the best
Lisa

Comments

Post a Comment

Comments read daily and THOROUGHLY enjoyed!