From the scrap bin ...

Hit the scrap bin today for a hostess gift for tomorrow.  We are having brunch over at friends house who have 3 little ones.  Their eldest is turning 5 early next month ... I figured this banner will get a fair amount of use in the future!

Birthday banner
Back of birthday banner
Don't you just love it when you can make something fun totally from the scrap bin ;-).

The tutorial I used for this can be found here.

I know I haven't been around for a bit ... it's been pretty busy around here ... besides my new job ... we've done all the following over the past week!

The U.S. Olympic Diving Trials here in the Seattle area.
Olympic Diving Trials
Friends in town and a visit to the new Chihuly exhibit at Seattle Center.

Me and my better half ;-)

Indian Blanket inspiration for Chihuly

Seattle Space Needle through the new greenhouse exhibit

And today ... the Seattle Rock and Roll 1/2 Marathon.  Where "he" (also known as my husband) finished 3rd in his age group ... despite a stomach that required 2 pit stops along the way!!!
Running the Seattle Rock & Roll 1/2 Marathon

Relaxing after!

Special medal for runners of BOTH the Seattle & Portland R&R Marathon
While I am longing to get back to some quilting ... it was a fabulous week with friends, family and a little victory woven in ...

Hope you're having an awesome weekend!

Comments

  1. Sounds like a great time was had by all! Your birthday bunting looks fabulous, it's sure to be well-loved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you've been busy! I'm sure that bunting will go down a treat :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is the perfect use of scrap bin pieces, and the perfect present for a family with 3 little ones. Not to mention the strippy back is fabulous at any time. I love the shot of the Space Needle through the greenhouse, and congrats to your husband. Sounds like you've been having a busy but good time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments read daily and THOROUGHLY enjoyed!