I must say ... I am REALLY happy with how this came out! First, I must share my inspiration quilts ... here and here. And then when I was near completion of the blocks, I saw this awesome star ... and of course had to add a couple of those as well!
This quilt is for my friend, Nichole, who helped me get my current job ... my little way of saying thanks!
- 12 1/4" star blocks (there are 24 of them)
- 12 1/4" solid blocks (there are 6 of them)
- It's quilted in a tight meandering pattern with a light gray thread
- There is a mix of designer fabrics, the gray is Kona Ash and the darker gray is Kona Coal.
- It's bound with a mixture of the the prints used in the quilt.
I spent the first half of it at a trade show in San Francisco -- a 13 hour day standing at a trade show booth on Monday and 11 hours on Tuesday ... collapsed when I landed back in the room at the end of the day ... so I am looking forward to getting a chance to peruse all of YOUR productivity sometime this weekend!
Hope you've had a great week.
All the best