|Box spring cover|
Using 3 yards of Moda Lollipop Chocolate Bias Plaid and an old fitted bottom sheet I crafted a cover for the box spring.
Although I am really happy with how the box spring cover came out, I am challenged with the way it looks with the quilt. I realized after I finished it, that the color contrast between the box spring cover and the quilt is just too much.
I think it's fixable with some darker elements on top, perhaps a pillow that matches the covering, and this might even ben a good excuse to make another smaller quilt in a darker theme to throw at the bottom of the bed!
I got the box spring cover made this morning ... and then helped John cut up a tree that had fallen across the road just down from our cabin.
This ought to help fill in the empty spots in the woodpile!
|Woodpile behind the blue tarp|
And i finished quilting my "no blues" string quilt ... photos will be taken once I get the binding on.
I love productive days!!!
All the best!