Whirls of color

I'm not sure if this is called a whirlygig, windmill or whirlwind ... but I do think like how it came together. 

I've been admiring this pattern from afar for awhile and finally attempted it (with a little help from Michelle Sews tutorial). 

I finished it last night and had visions of using our recent snowfall today as a backdrop for the photos (and the resulting reflection of light).  But that just didn't pan out ... too much grass and not enough snow.

So my dining room table (and bathroom shower rod) it is ...

The blocks are made from 5" squares for the print fabrics and 5" x 6" rectangles for the white squares (see Michelle's blog for the scoop on why the different size squares), resulting in blocks that are ~8.5" before sewing.  

I added a border, comprised of all the fabrics (less the binding fabric) which are cut 1.25" and 2.5" long.  






Now ... back to that Christmas pillow making ...

I know many of you here in the U.S. are busy this evening planning for Thanksgiving tomorrow ... I am lucky to be married to the cook (the chestnuts are being peeled for the stuffing as I type).  And further grateful that, this year, we are off to my cousins for the big dinner.  A very safe and happy holiday to all of you here ... & a lovely rest of your week and great weekend for those of you in the rest of the world!

All the best.
Lisa




Comments

  1. Very nice quilt. I love the color selection.

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt! It looks so fresh....

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful quilt! I love the back and the border and the binding. Shucks .... I love it all! Whirligigs are such a cool design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the great comments! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful quilt! I love the colour choices.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this! The border is great! It really finishes this off perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments read daily and THOROUGHLY enjoyed!