A fun run for charity ...


We raised $1,460 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's fight against blood cancers!

And we had a heck of a lot of fun in the process!  Teams of 2 or 4 dress up for the challenge (we were pirates ... if you couldn't tell ;-).  Raise money and run a 5K with an obstacle course.  Yup ... climbing walls, slithering through tubes, rope climbs, walking tires and my personal favorite ... the slip and slide ...


that's me ... doing a little more 'plunking' than 'sliding'.

We were a little mucky after the race ...

... but had a marvelous time!  The back held up like a charm (of week of no quilting and sitting on an ice pack 4x per day seems to have helped) and we had an all around fantastic time!

I am so grateful to my friends who sponsored so generously ... they raised $1,310 of the total!!!

It was a blast and I look forward to participating again next year ... now I need to gear up for Seattles Jingle Bell Run (a 5K without the obstacle course) in about a month.

Hope you had a great weekend!

All the best
Lisa

Comments