Friday, September 10, 2010

Best ginger snaps ... ever

We are heading off to Walla Walla, Washington (isn't that fun to say) early tomorrow morning with my cousin and his wife and a few of their friends for a weekend of wine tasting!  They have planned a picnic lunch and a dinner on the grill by the river for Saturday!  How fun does that sound!  For dinner, each couple brings their meat for the grill and then a side dish to share with the group. 

In addition to John's fabulous contributions (see below), this gives me a chance to pull out my favorite cookie recipe in the world!  I found this recipe on David Lebovitz' blog and it's from Alice Waters at Chez Panisse (which probably means more to the folks from California). 





I typically make them when we're out at the cabin to serve with home-made ice cream.  Every time I have made and served them, someone has asked me for the recipe.  Last month, I found the guests had raided the kitchen in the morning and eaten the left overs from the previous night before I even got the first pot of coffee on!  They are pretty simple to make, and I find the more spices I throw at them the more I like them.

John made a fabulous cheese, pepper and egg tart for an appetizer




And finally ... a zucchini bread with zucchini straight from the garden ...

So some good people, good wine and good food.  I think it's going to be a great weekend ;-).

All the best
Lisa

1 comment:

  1. all of this looks so so amazing...have fun in walla walla

    ReplyDelete

Comments read daily and THOROUGHLY enjoyed!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...