Turning the corner

I am emerging from my improv block phase ... thanks to my cousin Laura. 

She's another twenty-something cousin who just bought a house and this is her house warming present.  Unlike my other cousin who wanted to stay neutral ... Laura has very definite ideas about where she wants to go with color ... golds, oranges, purples and greens ...

Definitely a growth area for me!  Had a fun hour at the LQS pulling together the 9 pieces that will comprise this quilt.  Then I went home and spent 3 days trying to figure out what design I want to use.  I would definitely recommend doing these two steps in reverse order next time ;-).

But it all is a learning experience and this will be both a new color scheme and a new quilt pattern from me! 

All the best
Lisa

Comments

  1. So...guess you won't be using THE pattern/design. Your signature improv design. Ah well...but your work is beautiful regardless, so it won't disappoint. It never does!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the 'new' colors! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments read daily and THOROUGHLY enjoyed!