It's a boy ...



After a long wait, my husbands son and daughter-in-law are about to bring home their first child, a 20-month-old little boy anemd Andrew. I put this "baby" quilt to together to welcome him to the family.



















Based on the Plain Spoken design from "The Modern Quilt Workshop" book, it is my first free-form quilt. In fact, I wouldn't really count the 4 stitch-in-the-ditch baby quilts I did prior to this (almost feel like I should ask for those back ;-).

I was in the midst of making this same pattern in the napping quilt size for us (my 1st quilt that I wasn't going to give away), with some slightly different colors, when we got the great news about Andrew, so I quickly moved over to this one, which gave me a slightly smaller platform for my foray into free-form.
While the book says it's all about solids, I couldn't help but put in a little pattern for fun ... the striped trim and then dots and stripes on the back.

Comments